May 12, 2011
Technorati Media Promotes Shani Higgins to CEO and Names Abderrezak Kamel to CTO
We are proud to announce today that current Senior Vice President and General Manager Shani Higgins is promoted to Chief Executive Officer.
Shani Higgins joined the company in October 2007 to lead strategy and day to day operations for advertising sales, business development and the Technorati Media advertising network. Under Shani’s leadership:
• Technorati Media Exchange, the first private exchange for premium brand-safe independent and socially engaging publishers, was launched in April of 2011.
• Technorati Media’s network was launched in June of 2008 and has become the largest social media advertising network, with more than 3000 sites and US reach of 183 million.*
• Technorati Media acquired online communities SV Moms in 2010 and BlogCritics in 2008.
• The company has doubled revenue year over year, and became profitable in 2010.
Previously, Shani held senior management roles at Infoseek/GO/Disney, Ziff Davis, Benedek Investment Group and Tacit Software.
“I’m delighted to announce the promotion of Shani Higgins,” said current CEO Richard Jalichandra. “She’s been running our day-to-day business for the past three years, and much of our success is due to her leadership.”
We have also hired Abderrezak “AK” Kamel as Chief Technology Officer. AK will be responsible for spearheading Technorati Media’s Social Rich Media advertising products, including Conversation Ads that have already been run by 40+ top brand advertisers, Technorati Media’s audience targeting technology, and the Technorati Media Exchange. AK will be based out of our San Francisco headquarters.
AK brings almost two decades of experience in Online Advertising, Information Retrieval and Natural Language Processing. For the past 3 years he directed the development and enhancement of LucidMedia’s DSP, contextual analysis and RTB offerings. Prior to his position as CTO at LucidMedia, AK held integral roles at Autonomy and Verity. AK earned his PhD in Computational Semiotics at Leonardo da Vinci University, Paris, France and his MS in Artificial Intelligence at the University of Montpellier, France.
“I’m thrilled to continue growing Technorati’s media business, and I’m just as excited to be working with Abderrezak,” said new Shani Higgins, CEO of Technorati Media. ‘AK’ brings fantastic experience in both the real-time demand and supply environments that will help us accelerate our growth.”
Current CEO Richard Jalichandra will take on a new role as Executive Chairman of Technorati Media and the Technorati Media Board of Directors. He will continue to focus on strategy and corporate development for the company.
Author: admin | Share:
- Technorati Media names Rohan Chandran as SVP of Product
- Technorati Media CEO set to keynote SMSS Chicago
- Technorati Media’s 2013 Digital Influence Report
- Spending on social is up, but is it going to the right place?
- Research: YouTube beats Facebook with consumers