November 4, 2011
2011 State of the Blogosphere Unveiled
Technorati’s 2011 State of the Blogosphere and Social Media report is available on Technorati.com and was presented today at BlogWorld and New Media Expo by Shani Higgins, CEO of Technorati Media at 11:15am PDT. Since 2004, Technorati’s study has been the definitive and most cited source on the pulse of new media, chronicling the evolution and maturation of this explosive industry.
Taking a deep dive into the entire blogosphere—with a focus on best practices for brands and bloggers working together—Higgins shared in today’s presentation findings on convergence of blogging and other social media, consumers’ trust and attitudes toward blogs and other media and, for the first time, brands’ opinions and strategies for social media.
“Every year, thousands of bloggers and consumers help us deliver the most comprehensive report about the blogosphere” says Higgins. “By adding senior level agency and brand marketers, we are getting a 360 degree view of the brand, social media and consumer ecosystem.”
Highlighted findings in the report unveiled today include:
- The leading influence on bloggers (68%) is other bloggers
- 2/3 of bloggers blog about brands, however brands are receiving mixed reviews
- 18% of independent bloggers report income from their blogs
- 86% of bloggers are now compliant with FCC regulations about disclosing what posts are sponsored or paid
The report also features exclusive interviews with:
- Richard Brewer Hay of eBay
- Jeff Rubenstein of Sony PlayStation
- Alex Flagg of Hewlett Packard
- Kathleen Malone of Intel
- Daniel Stein of Evolution Bureau
The report will be archived at http://technorati.com/state-of-the-blogosphere/.
Author: admin | Share:
- Technorati Media names Rohan Chandran as SVP of Product
- Technorati Media CEO set to keynote SMSS Chicago
- Technorati Media’s 2013 Digital Influence Report
- Spending on social is up, but is it going to the right place?
- Research: YouTube beats Facebook with consumers